Sunday, May 11, 2014

It's right Under our Nose

Have you ever did something and you totally not aware of it until when you're sane back suddenly you felt like you're just awaken from something. The worst thing is, then you had a wet palms, a cold sweaty palms. Phew.. Just happened to me yesterday. I thought this incident would be a good share. I know deep within everyone of us, we do care but under so many circumstances, we are helpless and defenceless to offer that little help to those who needed especially with what I saw yesterday. In another way round, we couldn't identify if there are really victims and oppressor involve or whether everything is just one's willingness. Even if there are really victims there, we are not the authority to do something about it. What about the guys or gang behind this whole ring?

This is how it started. After such a long busy morning since 5am until late noon. That was about 2.30pm. I knew I needed a little head massage plus a hair wash too so without guilt, I headed straight to a salon. I've got about an hour free time before the next appointment come up. As usual while getting the relaxing head massage, I just keep myself busy flipping over magazine looking for any interesting topic to read. Also keep replying emails that came in through my phone. I did notice there were few people behind me getting their own hair treats but I guess I was too occupied to turn around and look at them. Just heard some noises of people chatting. However, I can't avoid it when I have to walk to the basin for a rinse. Then I saw 3 female, 2 adults in their seems to be 30s and the other is a very young girl fairly guessed by me 16 years old. A very young and sweet girl with clear eyes, long straight black locks, had white T-Shirt with short pants on.

On first look, they looked like two ladies friends spending pampering time together and one of them took her daughter along. It's normal I thought until I overheard their accent clearly, they conversed in English with a very heavy accent. Certainly not our locals. Done with my rinse, suddenly there was a guy came in. Hmm.. This really make me curious! He's almost in-charge of them. Understand what I say? Yes, he chose the hair colors for them and he is the one to pay!! Trigger anything yet?



If not for his eerie stares and nasty comment on me, I won't blast him. As I walked towards the chair where I seated, he looked at me from top to toes and that stupid comment from his mouth referring to me.. "Oh! Lady of class huh!" I stared sharp into his eyes maybe he could felt it pierced through his dirty soul and that make him really uncomfortable. So I said "They can be ladies of class too and that one, (I refer to the teen girl) she can grow up decently if not you and your kind just destroying them for your own selfish need." I sat and I guess he don't really understand me that well. He speak broken English so it was a big chance that he have no idea what I just said to him.

At that moment, I just want to get my hair done as soon as I can. I don't want to be in that supposedly relaxing ambiance which turned unpleasant. The salon owner saw it in my eyes. How upset I was, I told the hair-dresser to get another assistant so both of them can blow my hair quicker. I said I'm in a rush. So within 10 minutes, I'm done and this time that filthy guy was sitting at the couch, still looking. Suddenly I heard the girl said "I love this phone so much. It is really a smart phone!" A chance for the guy to annoy me. He said it loud to her "Good, you like. Work harder. Next time can buy better one.." Oooh!! He got me. I mean it.. He knew how much I hate what I saw there. I couldn't stop it but it just burst out from my mouth.. "I wish you can sleep well just for one night but I know you won't. You will never. As long as you're still doing whatever you're doing now!" I paid for my hair service and just walk away. He's there with his disgusting grin. I was satisfied, at least I know he understood what I said this time.

In case you don't understand, those people are actually a pimp with his three girls. A flesh trade, selling of human being, sex trade or whatever that they named it. Yes, those three female are taken care by him. Imagine what the hair color will do to the girl. She will look much older than her age. Then easier to fake her age. Probably she's only 15 or 16 years old but with the new hair color, whatever outfit they make her to wear and shoes, they can easily say she's 19!! What happened to the world!! but prostitution, as we know probably is the oldest job existing. It has been there maybe since the existence of human. I saw it with my own eyes so near yet there's nothing I can do about it. I know that guy won't sleep well that night too or probably he will..


Sometimes things like this happened just under our nose yet there's nothing we could do about it. First of all, what if the girls involved into it willingly? Then we will be risking a lot trying to help them only to be rejected in the end. Then what if the pimp and his guys going aggressive about this and do something harmful? This can be dangerous really but how I really wish I could asked those girls what happened to them? How do they ended up that way? Do they really know what they are into? I went home feeling sad and lots of disappointment that day. I wish something can be done. I will not forget the girl's face.

As I started my car engine and drove off slowly, suddenly I feel so strange. I was half shocked. Did I really talked to the guy? Did I? I can't believe myself. Now cold sweat started to wet my palms and felt some on my forehead too. Oh Gosh! Yes! I spoke to him and pierced his dirty soul with my sharp look.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment